What happened!?

Reaction score
I plugged my mac's keyboard (intel mac, usb keyboard) into a PC. Now my mac won't detect it. Is the keyboard permanently fried!?

I wrote this thread with a virtual keyboard...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I plugged my mac's keyboard (intel mac, usb keyboard) into a PC. Now my mac won't detect it. Is the keyboard permanently fried!?

I wrote this thread with a virtual keyboard...

Have you tried several different USB ports? Does it work on other machines?

OP
C
Reaction score
I've tried all three usb ports on the back of my mac. The keyboard didn't work with the pc and i have no other macs to test it on.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a old PC? I am wondering if there is something wrong with the PC's USB ports and it blew out the keyboard? I plug Mac USB keyboards into PC's all the time on PC's I am repairing and never have had an issue. So your mouse on the Mac plugged into the USB port works I take it which would mean the Macs ports are fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
Is this a old PC? I am wondering if there is something wrong with the PC's USB ports and it blew out the keyboard? I plug Mac USB keyboards into PC's all the time on PC's I am repairing and never have had an issue. So your mouse on the Mac plugged into the USB port works I take it which would mean the Macs ports are fine.

the pc is very new. i got the parts last saturday and have been building and rebuilding it ever since. something is always going wrong with it. and yes, the mac ports are fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.