Restoring Time Machine Backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
Hi guys,

After my Hard Drive failing on my mac and getting it repaired, I was told I needed to reinstall the OS system. I have now reinstalled it and am now using leopard. Luckily for me, I saved my Hard Drive contents on an external Hard Drive, before it packed up, with time machine.

I have now plugged in my external hard drive via USB and I am now wondering how do I get my Backup from my external onto my macbook? Do I just drag it across?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sam

Reaction score
it's best to do it when you first re-installed the OS, but you can still do it now...

open Migration Assistant in Applications>Utilities, and there's the option to restore from a Time Machine backup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Are you wanting to Restore from the TM backup??? If so.. leave the backup where it is...

Boot to your Leopard Install Disk.

Go to: Utilities >>> Restore System from Backup

Once in the Restore Your System dialog... click Continue.

Click/Highlight your External TM Drive... then select the Backup file that you are wanting to restore from.

Follow the rest of the prompts.... and Viola! your back in Time. :D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.