buying a Mac from Apple Store for Education

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a new mac at the online Apple Store since they have the iPod deal now. How would I prove to them that I'm going to college to qualify for the deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I am not being cheeky, but call them

1-800-MY-APPLE

Reaction score
or go to the nearest apple store and just tell them that you're a student and they'll ask to see your ID card to verify you're a student

thats what i did when i bought my mac

OP
L
Reaction score
Do you think they would accept an acceptance letter or scholarship award to the school? I don't have an ID card yet, and I won't get one until June 25th (orientation).

Reaction score
ya im pretty sure they would take an acceptance letter.
if not you could always just wait if you're not in a hurry.
i bought my mac on student discount using my brothers college ID card cuz i havent graduated high school yet (will graduate on thursday) so i didnt have a college ID either

but i dont think they're too strict on the whole proving thing cuz when i went in and was looking at computers they were asked me if i was a college student and i told them im a senior and they were telling me all about the education discount and stuff...they didnt really mention anything about proof

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
yeah im using an acceptance letter when i go for my macbook next week. Because on the apple site it says the education discount is for students accepted to or currently attending college. So acceptance letter should be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I have bought numerous things through my educational discount through the online store and even though I am a student it has only asked me to choose the school I go to and never have had to send in any verification or anything to even prove I'm a student.

Reaction score
I have never proven that I was a student. Just told them that I was, and that was it. Just go to the education store online instead of the normal one and you should be set. If they ever ask for proof, then show it to them. No biggie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.