Problem with Bootcamp & Game

Reaction score
Hello,

I've installed Windows Business onto a partition of 115 GB. I'm currently attempting to run a game "Mass Effect" for the PC and all reqs are met for the game.

I'll start the game and then I get a message saying "Mass Effect has stopped working"

Is this a PC problem or like a firewall problem or something? Thanks

Unibrow

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I see where the game was just released for the PC on May 28th. You didn't waste any time getting it. :Smirk: Since it was just released, it may have some bugs??? Anyway....

Pretty hefty requirements to run "Mass Effect" according to their website. If you're positive that your system meets or exceeds those requirements (pay special attention to the graphics and recommended CPU) then perhaps you might try to uninstall the game and re-install.

Since you didn't mention what machine you're using, MacBook, MBP, iMac, etc, I can't advise you on what to do about drivers. However, you might want to check and be sure you have the latest drivers installed for graphics. The Leopard DVD has drivers but in most cases they are not the latest especially for graphics. Remember, the game requires accelerated 3D graphics.

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
Well the system reqs for the game are:

Operating System: Windows XP or Vista
Processor: 2.6+GHZ Intel or 2.4+GHZ AMD
Memory: 2 Gigabyte Ram
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or higher. ATI X1800 XL series or higher
Hard Drive Space: 12 Gigabytes
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers – 5.1 sound card recommended

My bootcamp iMac has:

Operating System: Windows Vista Business
Processor: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (256 Vid Ram)
Hard Drive: 112 GB Space
Sound Card: I downloaded DirectX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.