Ethernet port problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB 2GHz 2GB RAM, iPod G1 10 GB and Classic 160GB
My ethernet port on my MB is fickle. The cord needs to be in there just right for my modem's internet line to be on. Sometimes if I move the MB even a little, the ethernet cable will shift, thus disconnecting me from the internet. When I jiggle the cord, it eventually reconnects. It's doable, but its an annoying problem that I think needs to be solved. Does anyone know what I can do? What sort of problem do I have?

Reaction score
Alright,
Have you tried more than one cable? If you have, get you a little flashlight and look inside to see if either of the little connectors has been been or shifted?

OP
Stang
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB 2GHz 2GB RAM, iPod G1 10 GB and Classic 160GB
There's ONE cable that I have that seems to work okay. But it's still a problem for me because I travel a lot with my MB and can't use that cable everywhere I go. I don't think any of the prongs are broken. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Have you tried reversing the ends of the cables?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.