Constantly dropping WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(White) 2.4GHz/4GB RAM
I just recieved mine today and i had that problem as well where it would just drop my home connection.....I turned off the laptop and i went to my desktop that has the router....Then I went to my linksys ip address in safari and i just reset my password...Have been using it for several hours now and it has been working just fine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What version of software are you on 10.5.2 10.5.3?

If you're not on 10.5.3 update (maybe connect be cable to the router temporarily) and see if that improves things.

OP
cirian75
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.4, 2G ram, 160HD
Its on 10.5.3

both the two windows computers are not having any problems with WiFi

wont be able to test any ideas for 8 hours, just arrived in work :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Me too....hateful isn't...all this work nonsense getting the way of serious mac work :)

It's always hit and miss diagnosing a wi-fi connection remotely so these are just hit and hope ideas:
- change your wi-fi channel
- change the security type (maybe disable encryption temporarily to see if the connection reliability improves)
- update the router firmware

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.