Mail Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I can receive messages in Mail from my bellsouth.net account, but I cannot send them. What's up with that? If I receive them perfectly, why can't I send them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Make sure the SMTP server is setup correctly by going to Mail>Preferences> Accounts. On outgoing mail servers select edit from the drop menu. Make sure your password and username is entered correctly and that if you are using SSL then select it

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Never mind, I got it fixed. It's all good :)

Reaction score
Well I am having a trouble with my email this afternoon/evening. The email program keeps asking me for our password,and when I type it in it coms back as unaccepted,and asks again. I know I am typing the right password,but it keeps asking me the same thing.

Even if I go on web-mail it says my mail info cannot be displayed. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.