Wireless - Wired HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
Okay, So I am working at a camp and there are 2 wireless networks here. One is open to all but is not near where I am doing my work. A second is locked and has a odd code on it that only pc's can use. Another co-worker out here with me in the tech booth has a pc and is live on the network. I know there has got to be away, but how can I easily connect through his eaternet port using cat 5 to my computer and then access the internet through his wireless network? Does that make sense? Ill try again bc I know I word things weird. I want to connect our computers together through cat 5 and access the internet off his wireless access.... Please help I hate going accross the way to access the internet.

Scuba

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also if it helps, I have a macbook and he uses a Dell Inspiron I think... Running xp sp3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I have never heard of a windows only open network. Assuming it is and you have a cat 5 cable and an ethernet port ask if he can share his internet connection from his laptop to yours.

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats what I want to do but how do I do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.