My Website

Reaction score
Hey all,

A buddy had this web domain and server space he wasn't using so I took it over and created my own site. THis is my first attempt at creating a site without any programs like GoLive or Dreamweaver.

If the site seems a little cluttered, it's because it was a learning thing as I was using CSS & HTML all coded by hand. Although I start with a free template, very little of the original code still exists.

Please let me know what you think!

www.willinois.com

thanks
Jeff

Reaction score
Not bad - as you said a little cluttered. Nice shots of the barns, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
For a first attempt thats pretty good. It does look very busy. I usually go through a process about half way through the visual design stage where i remove anything that is either not needed or does not add to the look of the site.

Your biggest problem is a lack of whitespace. Try having areas of the page that are not used to try and create divides between the sections.

I did notice the left have columns don't always wrap around their content. I would try and keep the fonts consistent too. Looks god though. I can't stress enough how important it is to code websites by hand so you have a full understanding of how HTML&CSS works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.