2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

Reaction score
I acquired a supposedly non working Power Mac 2.3Ghz. Well, I don't have a cable to plug up to it because of its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.

Also, how do I tell if it internally has an Airport Card?

IMG_0400-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.

http://www.kropla.com/electric.htm but I don't see any of that three flat pins variety there. Have any of the pins on your machine been twisted? Your local home appliance/electronics outlet may have an adaptor.

(Second question I'll leave to someone else.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's a pretty standard connection in the photo industry.

Power Cord

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
ktreece777,

Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

Noel

EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides :)

OP
K
Reaction score
ktreece777,

Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

Noel

EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides :)

It is an office machine of my dads partner that he thought he would take everything out "so nobody could get his stuff" I have no clue if anything is wrong with it at all but he took the hard drive, ram, video card, and thats all that I know of so far.... Oh, the power cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.

A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.

OP
K
Reaction score
A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.

It is stock you can tell. On ebay I noticed the computer exactly llike it has the same plug. It is the last Model Before the MacPro but why on earth is it so hard to find a power cable.

Reaction score
That looks similar to the power connector in Bahrain... I'm not 100% sure though.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If there is an Apple store near you, take it in and have it checked out. You will not get the system up and running even if you have a power cord. Since you still need memory, a video card and a hard disk. You can get most of these things from Other World Computing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.