Time for a new iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
My iPod is a 5th gen video (yeah i got it for X-Mas '05) and over these last couple months I have had some minor issues with it. Occasionally, it will lock up, and I have to restart it. Also, the click wheel doesn't respond, even after hitting the play/pause or forward buttons, etc. Since it's relatively old, should it be time to buy a new iPod model? The new Nanos don't grab my attention well, but I was looking at a new iPod Touch or a 6th Gen video.

Main point, is it time to buy a new iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I would say just go ahead and do it. I bought a 5th gen ipod video on ebay 3 months ago and am very happy with it. My old 1st gen model was dying on me: it lost its ability to connect to my computer, therefore unable to do any updates. I had wanted to still keep the old ipod (still plays music, just can't upload anymore), load a bunch of kids music on it and give it to my little girls, and that idea just got shot to poop. But I still have a new 5th gen. I would have to upgrade to Tiger or Leopard in order to own the newest ipods.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.