Watching a DVD in Front Row

Reaction score
Im trying to watch a DVD of a TV show, so I have to select which episode I want to watch. Whenever I try and change episodes in Front Row, nothing happens. I tried using the Apple Remote (will this do anything? cuz it seems like the only thing it can do on the DVD menu is press play), and I tried using the up/down and left/right arrows to move to a different episode, and nothing even happened. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hmm, I just tested it out and I was able to navigate using the remote and the keyboard in Front Row.

Have you tried using DVD Player? Does that work correctly?

OP
L
Reaction score
Ya DVD player works fine. I can use the mouse on DVD player to select the episode, which I cant do in front row. Are you supposed to be able to use the remote, mouse, and keyboard for front row? And does it matter that I had to purchase my remote separate, since the macbook didnt come with it? I didnt think it should matter, just thought I should mention it.

Reaction score
The mouse doesn't work with Front Row, but you should be able to use the keyboard. The up and down arrows should work and hit return to select.

I don't think it should matter that you bought the remote separate, as long as it's a newer MacBook and can have a remote in the first place. I never bought a remote separate, maybe you have to sync it to your MacBook first?

I think you should also be able to use the remote with DVD Player as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.