iTunes CD Import Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. Everytime i try and import a CD into itunes i get the following message:

'Error occured....You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.
iTunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions....'

I'm getting this despite having full administration priviledges, and therefore read and write access to the folder in which itunes imports the music.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
just use disk utility to run a permissions repair on your disk, that should do it

Is your muisc on your mac or on an external

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah i already tried that, and still no luck. Interestingly i can import other CDs but not this specific one - at first i thought it might be a DRM issue but its just a standard audio CD from a music shop so i dont think it would be that...?!

OP
C
Reaction score
This is now really annoying! The message im getting is exactly the same as the one on the Apple support pages, but neither of the resolutions they suggest fix the problem. I have read / write privileges on my itunes folder and all folders within it!

Reaction score
If it's specific to the disc, and other discs work. Then I'm guessing that disc has protection built into it.

Might not have anything to do with iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.