From Tiger To Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm sitting on the fence for Leopard too.. Do I have to get a Family Pack since I'll be upgrading my PowerBook as well as my girlfriends PowerBook? I know single-user means "one computer only," but is there anything preventing it from being installed on another machine? Anything like the Windows XP activation, so-to-speak?

I mean, in all reality, $200 for a 5-user license is cheaper than $130 each. I save $60 by purchasing the Fam. Pack. Either way, I'm going to do what's best/legal of course.

Reaction score
I'm sitting on the fence for Leopard too.. Do I have to get a Family Pack since I'll be upgrading my PowerBook as well as my girlfriends PowerBook? I know single-user means "one computer only," but is there anything preventing it from being installed on another machine? Anything like the Windows XP activation, so-to-speak?

I mean, in all reality, $200 for a 5-user license is cheaper than $130 each. I save $60 by purchasing the Fam. Pack. Either way, I'm going to do what's best/legal of course.

It's the same software, you're just licensed to have it installed on more than one computer.

If you want to be saintly, then buy the family pack, but there's really nothing stopping you from installing one copy on multiple computers.

Reaction score
when i upgrade to leopard, i did a complete new install...but that does not completely format/erase the harddrive does it?...seems to good to be true to install and erase everything and only took about 1/2hr to do...if this was on my pc computer it would take 1/2 at least to format the drive then more to install the os...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.