IPhone SDK on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to IPhone SDK,i want to write an application for iPhone.I have windows xp Pc and i cannot afford Mac OS X.Is there any possibility to run IPhone SDK on Windows PC and develop an application.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Aruru Praveen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi all,

I am new to IPhone SDK,i want to write an application for iPhone.I have windows xp Pc and i cannot afford Mac OS X.Is there any possibility to run IPhone SDK on Windows PC and develop an application.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Aruru Praveen

At this time, the SDK is limited to Macs only. The good news is that you can run it on a Mac Mini and they're fairly inexpensive. I'd give that a shot.

Reaction score
http://win-iphone-sdk.blogspot.com/

One of my friends is developing iPhone SDK application on Windows.
His blog is in french but he will translate messages in english as soon as possible.

iPhone SDK on Windows

He just open his blog.
Win iPhone SDK adventure is starting !!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Good luck. Even if he's successful in breaking the encryption and building a Cocoa development environment in a completely disparate operating system, it won't be long before Apple's lawyers have their way with him.

Reaction score
Good luck. Even if he's successful in breaking the encryption and building a Cocoa development environment in a completely disparate operating system, it won't be long before Apple's lawyers have their way with him.

This is SAD but true.

Apple gained my loyalty in iPod through quality over the years. Now I see they are trying to FORCE loyalty in their products with "trusted computing" and "Auth chips" This is a BAD business model!

I guess a company like this would use bullying tactics to force loyalty and business in their direction. Sad. If they kept quality their #1 objective, they wouldn't need to worry about things like this.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I wouldn't say they're forcing loyalty. Would you say that MS is forcing brand loyalty by limiting Silverlight development to Windows? What about Visual Studio? What about the Xbox SDK that is limited to Windows?

Apple is trying to get people to buy Apple products. If they didn't, they wouldn't be a very good company. If someone wants to develop for the App Store enough, buy a Mac. If you want to develop for the XBOX bad enough, buy a Windows machine. You can't expect every option to be standardized and open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.