• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

MORBO is importing!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unstoppable Macbook Pro of death.
If MORBO fast forwards during import from his all powerful DV camera on puny imovie, will the final file on imove be in fast mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Assuming MORBO is asking a genuine question.......

Only if you connect it using composite(analogue) video to a capture device on the mac.

Connecting by firewire or USB to transfer to iMovie as a DV stream is digital and all your doing is transferring data. If the data is transferred quickly or slowly it won't make any difference to the end result. Pressing fast forward probably won't even work. At best it may interrupt the transfer.

OP
M0RB0
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MORBO only asks genuine questions!

Reaction score
I don't think that MORBO is that importing! The price of petrol (gasoline USA), now that's importing. As is whose going to be the next president...

M

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
on the balance beam of laugh-out-loud funny to heh, that's clever, where the simpsons is the fulcrum; family guy is on the laugh out load funny side. futurama is it's balast keeping the beam level.

OP
M0RB0
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think that MORBO is that importing! The price of petrol (gasoline USA), now that's importing. As is whose going to be the next president...

M

MORBO will now introduce tonights candidates. Puny human number one, puny human number two and Morbo’s good friend Richard Nixon.
All humans are vermin in the eyes of M0RB0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Needs a shrink real bad does MORBO

OP
M0RB0
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MORBO dislikes Yoda.

Reaction score
MORBO'S username looks more like M0RB0 to me.
It's M0RB0 not MORBO!
GET IT RIGHT YOU EVIL FILTHY HUMANS, AND M0RB0!!!!!!!! ;)

Reaction score
Or maybe those are O's.
It's hard to tell.....
But on second thought, 05GT's username i ASSUME is using 0's, and they look the same as the ones in M0RB0.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.