Bluetooth Dilemma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Hey y'all. I'm really disturbed and annoyed lately, because of the BT malfunction on my MB.

I never had errors regarding this issue ever since I got my MB (almost 1 year and 3 months), but yesterday night when I tried to send a file (MP3 to be exact) to my Nokia 6500 slide; the window in "Browse device" had a message saying, "The Bluetooth device is no longer available." or something similar; while in fact it was able to send about 10 pictures right before that. After that it became dysfunctional, sometimes it can receive and sometimes send small files (I mean less than 1MB); but there are also times when my cellphone won't recognize my MacBook's BT. When I try to send, an error saying "The file transfer failed: the connection failed." would pop up by the moment I click send, or sometimes the progress bar would move then quit after a while without successfully sending. Receiving would usually work, but sometimes it also won't. I tried deleting the pair and pairing it again both sides (on the cellphone and MB), but to no avail nothing worked.

I tried BT with my P1i and it still didn't work, which means the problem is with the MB; so I tried connecting an external BT to the USB port, and it worked. But I didn't have to do this before, the internal BT used to work flawlessly.

After a while, BT became unavailable and Sys. Prefs. and the Sys. Profiler would also refuse to show info on the BT. There was a criss-cross line between the BT icon on the task bar. I tried resetting the PMU and PRAM, removed the battery, fixed permissions; and in between those it worked; but the problem comes back once in a while (when I was typing this the line reappeared, then disappeared again). I still can't receive or send files with the built-in BT though. I'm on Mac OS X Tiger BTW, v10.4.11 to be exact.

Can anyone please help me on this? Is there any way to like, reset the BT or something? I'm really troubled, and concerning the fact that my 1 year warranty is over; I'm even MORE troubled. :( PLEASE HELP ME! :(

I'm terribly sorry for the long post, it's just that I wanted to go into details just in case it may help. Thanks in advance.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I can receive files on the MacBook now, but I still can't send. It's an improvement, but still.. it isn't the way it was. Is anyone else in the same situation? Please help me.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sadly, I tried all of those already. :( I'll try it again later, and if it works I'll post. Thanks though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.