running games (red alert 2) in vista using parallels on a macbook

Reaction score
okay so i bought a macbook last july (before college) and with it i bought vista and parallels (now i realize i should have bought xp...) . so i am trying to get red alert 2 to work with it. the installer worked great but when i run the game i do not get video. i can hear the sound but no video. the same happens with navy field. both games are old and do not require fast processors (ex. red alert 2 says minimum pen II processor) and so i believe it has somethign to do with direct x or video support in parallels. i am thinking of switching to boot camp and runnig vista that way but first i figure i should check to see if ra2 will run successfuly under parallels... help much appreciated, questions, just ask thanks.. hopefully my post is clear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
as far as I know, parallels does not support accelerated video graphics...
running it on bootcamp would work for sure...

Reaction score
You could try to download a trial version of Fusion, which has a setting that supposedly enables the advanced graphics but I'm not sure how well it works on the macbook - which has an integrated graphics chip rather than a separate graphics adapter.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.