New Mac Mini?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I know very little about macs, so please bear with me. I have been planning a project to install a computer in the dashboard of my car. I have spent a lot of time researching the mac mini and pandora's aopen and finally decided that I wanted to use the mini. I was about to purchase it today, and a friend told me that they might be revamping the mac mini and soon. Is there any validity to this and does anyone know a time frame? Thank you very much for your help.
-Ross

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
No one knows for sure when Apple is going to do anything, but the Mini is, I believe, the Mac unit that has now gone the longest since its last refresh. Personally, I suspect that an upgrade will announced any day now. My daughter wants a Mini and I have been advising her to hold off for a bit just yet.

I am guessing that in the next revision, the Mini will get a bump to 2.2 GHz processors from the current high end 2.0 GHz processor, and likely larger default hard drives. All in all, I am not expecting a major revision to the Mini, just ongoing evolution as newer and faster technology falls into the range of its price point.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Does apple have any upcoming big events where it is likely that they will unveil a new product or an upgrade to a current product? I know that is normally how they announce these sorts of things. Thanks.
-Ross

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The Mini isn't often updated. It's conceivable that it will remain unchanged until September or October. I'd bet on a small speed bump in July or August though, but nothing major and nothing to stop you buying now.

If you're only using the machine in your car though, have you considered a second hand Core Solo or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd wait until after WWDC at least... you never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
WWDC is next week, and is widely (wildly) expected to be the event that introduces the new 3G iPhone. I suspect that we won't see a new Mini at that time - keep the message focused on the iPhone - but likely a short while thereafter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.