Virtual PC SPEED!

Z

zakm52

First let me say i LOVE my powerbook. However, the prices of windows computers is almost enough to make me switch back. Now, because I still need windows for some things :( I have virtual pc 6 on my mac running xp home. Its slow. Very slow. My question is does anyone have or has anyone used virtual pc 7? I hear its faster and I am wondering how much faster. Thanks. :mac:

OP
J

johnny5w

I've noticed it to be a little faster. Just make sure you've installed the additions. You can't do crazy amounts of processing, but it should do the trick for your PC needs.

OP
C

Cloudane

If you have it, install Win98. It's waaaaay faster (still rather sluggish, but not torture like XP)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
XP slows anything down.... No matter how fast or new your PC.

(Why on earth would you need an second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth mouse button? What's wrong with the keyboard? Oh i know... let make the keyboard have 3 buttons and the mouse 107 ? :D Hmm... we could get a huge mouse mat and shift that around... Yeah! That would be fun! Like you play CS source now! )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Really. Why the **** does the mouse have to do all the work? :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
use 2000 it is better than 98.
it runs fine

OP
C

Cloudane

OK, while we're on the subject...

I'll start a new topic :) About those mouse buttons

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.