New Ipod or Ipod upgrade coming out soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Is there a new Ipod or Ipod/Nano upgrade due to come out soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
they will probably be due for an update soon. my guess would be that it will be a memory bump not a redesign.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Apple is among the most secretive companies when it comes to new product releases. Contrary to popular belief, there is no specifically defined "product cycle" and therefore none of their products are "due for an update". Buy the device that suits your needs now and it will continue to do so long after an updated version is released.

OP
WolfsBane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Memory upgrade to the Nano, in particular, would be a welcome improvement. I like to import my CDs at 256 VBR, and at that rate even the 8Gig Nano doesn't give you much space to keep a decent number of songs on the machine. Upgrade in sound quality would also be a much welcome improvement. MP3 players and Ipods are used for more than to just jack a cheap set of headphones to it these days. I often hook my Creative Zen Touch and Ipod to my small Klipsch system, and the difference in sound quality on default settings between the two is very noticeable.

OP
WolfsBane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple is among the most secretive companies when it comes to new product releases. Contrary to popular belief, there is no specifically defined "product cycle" and therefore none of their products are "due for an update". Buy the device that suits your needs now and it will continue to do so long after an updated version is released.

That logo looks awfully similar to the old Commodore logo... ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I remain hopeful for a memory upgrade to the Nano. A 16 GB Nano would be just the iPod I am looking for. With the continual increases in density and corresponding decreases in price, it should only be a matter of time...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.