Guest Account's internet access does not work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Well, the thread's title is a little exaggerated. The internet does work. When logging into Facebook however (the only reason that other marines here actually use my computer), Facebook's login.facebook.com/login.php times out instead of proceeding to home.facebook.com... Facebook works on my account as well as another user account that I created out of the blue just to test this. I don't have the parental controls turned on, so that can't be part of the picture.

Does Leopard do something different with its internet for the guest account as compared to all other users?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
With the guest account, any changes, settings, etc.., are erased when they log out.
But everything should work while logged in.

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Yeah. It's odd though. A new user (like the one that I created) would base itself off of the same default template that the guest account uses every time, yet the test user worked fine. I would say that something's corrupted with the user, but that just cannot be the case considering the evidence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I see what you mean. If everything returns to default, it shouldn't be corrupted.
Could try downloading Preferential Treatment to look for any corrupt preference files. (may not be the case, but worth a try)

If I find anything that explains it, I'll be sure to post it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.