• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie 06 afflicted by upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Hello everyone, I hope I can find a solution to my problem here.

I have just spent the equivalent of 300 USD on my MacBook Pro upgrading the RAM and the hard disk to maximum capacity to give me more space for creating movie projects.

I was told upgrading the RAM would mean faster performance, and I was very pleased to see my space bumped up to 162GB.

However, since this 'upgrade' I am unable to render fast/slow motion clips in imovie HD (06). I set the slider and hit 'apply' and the red line fills up in a split second yet the clip has not been rendered at all.

This once happened before about a year ago when I was creating a project from an external HD but the problem was solved when I created the project from the internal HD.

Aside from this I can no longer upload photos from my camera to iphoto, double clicking on desktop files and the email icon in msn messenger has no affect, Photoshop can not be initialized and everything seems slower - in fact as I type these words there is a slight delay before I can see them!

My local iStudio has not been very helpful and is far away and today is a Sunday so I was hoping this forum could shed some light on the issue.

The priority for me is the rendering problem which is why I posted in this forum. If I can get that fixed without a long trip into town, the other stuff I can tackle one by one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.