Which Monitor for G4 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
Hi Guys / Gals,

Can anyone tell me which of the Powermac G4s are compatible with the Apple 17" Studio Display and which are not .

I am asking because someone has offered me a G4 ( not sure which model it is until I see it ) and if I buy it I would like to use it with a 17" Studio Display if possible .

Thanks in advance for any help
Paul

M

macgadget

No, the 17" Studio, I'm assuming your talking about the LCD version, will NOT work. I have one, with a Radeon 9000 Pro w/ 128MB RAM, via an Apple DVI to ADC adapter. You have to use the adapter. Even though I have a video card with an ADC output, my mac (PowerMac G4, Sawtooth), does not support that much current though the AGP slot. I believe PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 2002 and up WILL natively support a direct connection from the ADC port on your mac to monitor. If your system is before Quicksilver 2002, you need to use the DVI-ADC adapter.

You could try it, but I would'nt, considering the load that the Studio monitor would have on your video card.

Brett

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.