Help with Safari Toolbar Please.

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post, I am really new to all this so please bear with me.

Was fiddling around with safari today, I wanted to change the skin color so I downloaded a "safariunify.dmg" file. Ran the program but when I tried to run safari a black box appeared saying that I needed to restart my computer. I kind of panicked thinking I had downloaded a virus but figured it would be ok because the file was from MacUpdate.com.

So after the restart, safari would not open, so I uninstalled the "safariunify" app and opened it up again. It opened this time but now my safari has two toolbars and I can't seem to get rid of the second one. The first one is the standard toolbar but there is one below it that seems to be a custom toolbar that I didn't customize.

I have tried restarting, reseting, emptying cache and deleting my plist for safari but nothing seems to work. Also, when I try to open a new tab a blank white screen appears and safari freezes and shuts down.

I have included three screen shots.

The first one is safari with the two toolbars.

Picture1.png

Now I am going to click on "hide toolbar".

Picture2.png

After I hid the toolbar, the second one is still there. This is the one I can't and want to get rid of.

Picture3.png

I am on a ibook G4 running 10.5.3.

I don't know what else to include but if there is any other pertinent information that might help then please let me know. Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just curious, do you have any Plug-Ins installed in Safari or Application Enhancers?

OP
J
Reaction score
To be honest, I am not really sure. I did do a clean install for leopard last week and just recently updated to 10.5.3 so I don't think so. But how do I check just to be sure?

Sorry for the "noob-ness", I am not too mac savvy.

OP
J
Reaction score
nevermind , I think I am just going to reinstall leopard. its only been about a week so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. thank you anyways.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I looked and looked and so far have found nothing about your double toolbar issue and I have never had it happen here that I can remember. Sorry.

OP
J
Reaction score
No worries, I just ended up doing a re-install because it was driving me crazy. A bit extreme but it got the job done. lol.

Either way thanks for taking the time to try and help, I appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.