FamilyTalk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I understand this is not really a hardware question but Mac Forums has never let me down and you guys are the first ones I thought of to answer my question.

This is what I have right now with ATT:

FamilyTalk 550 w/ 2 phones both non-iPhone
Unlimited messaging for families

With the new iPhone coming out soon I want to purchase it. Does anyone here have a plan similar to what I want to get:

FamilyTalk 550 w 2 phones. 1 iPhone, 1 non iPhone
Unlimited messaging for families
Plus that $20 iPhone data plan

I have heard conflicting things that the unlimited messaging carries over to the iphone as well. Some say it does and some say that the unlimited messaging is only for non-iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Eric,

Why don't you give AT&T a call and ask their telephone rep? They like to add services :) They may be able to fix you up directly if it can be done.

Noel

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eric,

Why don't you give AT&T a call and ask their telephone rep? They like to add services :) They may be able to fix you up directly if it can be done.

Noel

Just want to see what some people here first had to say. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
That's fair and they'll come up with good answers, too, I'll bet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
that is exactly what i have. two phones (700 min a month i believe) unlimited family text, and picture messaging, and $20 a month iphone plan. what i did was i set up the family talk line with my old phone and then added the iphone plan on to it. i do get the unlimited messaging.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what i did was i set up the family talk line with my old phone and then added the iphone plan on to it. i do get the unlimited messaging.
Can you explain that part a little better? I think I understood but I just want to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i used my old phone (non iphone) when i set up the family talk plan. when i was setting up the plan at at&t i ask them to add the family unlimited text and picture messaging to the plan. i then came home and used itunes to register my iphone. the rest is all history.

i did talk to at&t people before i set up my iphone to make sure i got unlimited messaging. they all told me that the unlimited texting on a family plan trumped the 200 messages on the iphone plan.

hopefully that clears up any questions

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i used my old phone (non iphone) when i set up the family talk plan. when i was setting up the plan at at&t i ask them to add the family unlimited text and picture messaging to the plan. i then came home and used itunes to register my iphone. the rest is all history.

i did talk to at&t people before i set up my iphone to make sure i got unlimited messaging. they all told me that the unlimited texting on a family plan trumped the 200 messages on the iphone plan.

hopefully that clears up any questions

Thanks a lot for your help. That's my current situation right now. All I gotta do is buy the iPhone to replace my current (non iphone) phone with it. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.