cleaning the keyboard?

C

code777

my buddy who just bought a new iBook 12 was outside today and he told me a gust of wind blew sand all over his brand new iBook and got underneath the keyboard... not good. so he's wondering what is the easiest way to clean the keyboard without damaging anything. I said use compressed air to try to get it out but.... ideas?

OP
S

Shok

code777 said:
my buddy who just bought a new iBook 12 was outside today and he told me a gust of wind blew sand all over his brand new iBook and got underneath the keyboard... not good. so he's wondering what is the easiest way to clean the keyboard without damaging anything. I said use compressed air to try to get it out but.... ideas?
If it was my IBook I would open it and set it on it's side so anything blown out falls down, then I would loosen the keyboard and spray everything with compressed air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well since you can lift up the keyboard, I'd do that.

Pull down the 2 latches next to the esc and f12 keys, make sure the screw-latch under the num. lock indicator is released and lift up the keyboard.

Then carefully try to shake, blow the sand out without it going all over the iBook...

OP
C

code777

good deal he did just that and got it out (well the majority of the sand at least), he's a happy camper and feels better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Glad to be of service, tell him to enjoy his 'book!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.