.3 update has jammed up my MBP, need advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I finally did the update today. I started the update and jumped in the shower. When I got out, nothing was up but software update was on. It still says it's 10.5.2. When I tried to shut it down, it wouldn't. When I tried to shut the computer down, it said the updater canceled the shutdown.

It's been sitting in the same state for hours. I'm afraid that if I force it down something bad will happen, but it looks like my only option. Anyone else had this problem with the update?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The only issue I had was on my Intel Mini. It updated, did the double restart and I was using it under 10.5.3. I went to shut down and it sat there at the Gray screen. I held the power button, restarted and it's been fine since. It sounds like for some reason yours has never updated.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Since i did the update all my programs seem to take for ever to load now.

Is this something that just happens the first time or do i have a problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Let it run a bit more then do a restart. See if things don't pick back up in speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Had to force a shut down because itunes just would not load and nothing else would respond.

If it continues can i revert back to 10.5.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
The only issue I had was on my Intel Mini. It updated, did the double restart and I was using it under 10.5.3. I went to shut down and it sat there at the Gray screen. I held the power button, restarted and it's been fine since. It sounds like for some reason yours has never updated.
Mine also did a double restart.... However, I have not tried restarted manually since the update...

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I downloaded the combo update, but still could get things moving, so I ended up having to force quite updater and then I was able to restart. After that it finally started the update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.