Another Dual Monitor Mystery....

B

BroHaas

Okay I read the threads on Dual Monitor on iBook's and I know it has no option to set this up from the system preferences except for mirroring, but here is the thing. For some strangee reason, when I am plugged into the monitor on my desk it randomly sets up a dual desktop.

The monitor acts as the main desktop and the iBook screen ends up being the extended desktop. This started to happen when I purchased the game Black Hawk Down and had it set to a different resolution than my desktop.

It does not happen often, but when it does I am extremely pleased. So my Question is, have any of you come across this issue and if so, what triggers it so I can recrete it every time I plug into my monitor?

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

I installed the program thats talked about in the link above :)
I'm using an ibook g4 1ghz and it worked great. Right now I'm working with my ibook displaly and a 17" lcd with it being an extended desktop. When you go into the display preferences it lets you choose if you want it side to side or top to bottom and which side you want the tool bar on. Its great :D

Thanks for the link matman34

OP
B

BroHaas

Thanks for the help, this is fantastic. This will really help with my research projects. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
HuMpS 97 DoHc said:
I installed the program thats talked about in the link above :)
…which side you want the tool bar on. Its great :D

Thanks for the link matman34

Normally, the monitor where you place the menu bar becomes the startup monitor. I don't know how that would work with the iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If you put the menu bar on the second monitor will it stay ther after a restart?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.