iBook or Powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I recently purchased a g3 iBook to see how i would like os X and the whole apple thing before I bought a new one and didn't like it. Well I do like it and now its time to buy a new one. I like the looks of the iBook im wondering if i should go with a powerbook though. Will the iBook run Photoshop fine. I will mostly be using photoshop, and a little bit of video stuff im not sure what a good program for video editing would be. i won't be doing anything crazy with the video stuff. If i get the iBook it would be a 14" but if i get a powerbook it would be a 12". I have a 12" iBook right now and the screen size is no problem. Also i have a nice NEC 19" lcd monitor, would i be able too hook either of these upto that as an aditional screen?
Thanks CJ

C

code777

if you are going to use Photoshop then get the Powerbook 15". iBooks are for "general" use. Programs like ProTools, Photoshop, and others that eat up HD space need to go Powerbook route

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i agree with code777...once your into photoshop and video editing your gunna need the PB with the extra ram and hd space you can get

-chris

I

i love macs

plus i think with the powerbook u can run an extra screen. but with the ibook another screen will only mirror wat uv got on the ibook. pretty sure thats rite?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I like the look of the iBooks but i guess Im going to go with a PB, now I just have to decide what size 12" or 15", if I can hook up to my monitor the 12" would probly do the trick.

C

code777

well the 15" if you are going to be doing a lot of photoshop. it has a better resolution over the 12" PB and faster processor and blah blah, if you are serious with photoshop you should probably get the 15" and spend as much money as possible.

B

BroHaas

Ummm I use Photoshop on my iBook and it works perfectly, just have at least 512 RAM.

D

dodjy001

i have tried video editing on the ibook and it really struggled.

i haven't bothered trying photoshop yet, no real point when i can us the g5 at home.

R

ravenstor

im in my final yr at a UK Uni ive used an ibook with photoshop and various video apps and had no problems, probably the PB does it a few secs faster but tbh ive had no issues.

my hons degree is in photography (fine art)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
im prety sure both of them will run fine. the 14" iBook and 12" Powerbook run the same processor correct? So the major difference would be video card?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.