Is it worth it for me to upgrade to Leopard?

Reaction score
I have a G4 powerbook running 10.3.9 with a 867 Mhz processor, 640 MB ram and about 5.5 available gb of harddrive (I've read you need at least 9 gb to upgrade...I think I'd be able to clear some space).....my question is should I upgrade?

My friend bought a family pack and doesn't need all the registrations. Could it harm my computer to install it? Will it run more smoothly as it is now? Will it seem slower with Leopard installed? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You could upgrade using erase and install, It won't harm your computer but you have to realise it will be very much low end stuff as the processor is the minimum and the RAM just makes requirements.

If you are happy with Panther stay there. If not throw some more RAM in, say up to 2GB and then consider erase and install of Leopard. On a FW800 Leopard uses just on 20GB HDD space with no movies, itunes etc just standard programs, so you can see it is not small.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
Get some more ram in there and why not :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.