• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

False Promises

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I'm not entirely sure that this belongs in anything goes, but it's not a hardware or software thing, so here goes. A little over a year ago I bought a Mac Mini for myself and parents. Since I was using my education discount, the salesperson said that the summer promotion included a free 4gb nano. I had no intentions of buying the nano. So it was entirely based on the fact that after rebate it was free. So heres were it gets sketchy. Apparently the mac mini isn't eligible for the free ipod. After calling the rebate claims office a few times I was told to get any money back, I would have to go to the store where I got it all. After going to the store I spoke with one manager who agreed it was the salespersons fault for misinforming us and that he'd give us the money back. He ran into some problems with my moms credit card, so he said that they'd mail us a cheque through the mail. This was in late Feb/Early March. nearly a month passes, in April I go back and I talk to another manager who promises a check via the mail. That has yet to come, I've called them and visited a few times but I'm not seeming to have any luck recovering my money. Any ideas? If I don't see any results soon, I think this is a matter for Apple Canada's head Office to look at....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Call Apple and tell them your story. I think there's a department that handles extreme issues like this. Have all of the dates and names of the people you spoke with (if you remember) and any correspondence actually exchanged.

You could always email Jobs directly. I can't remember what his public email is right now, though.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Thanks.... I'll try one more time with the store at Yorkdale, but if all else fails I might need to take a trip to Birchmount road in Markham. (thats Apple Canadas campus)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Call Apple and tell them your story. I think there's a department that handles extreme issues like this. Have all of the dates and names of the people you spoke with (if you remember) and any correspondence actually exchanged.

You could always email Jobs directly. I can't remember what his public email is right now, though.

[email protected]. be nice when you email him coz if jobs hates anything its the arrogance and gates! LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Who knows what is it, I doubt its something easily recognisable otherwise he would get 1000's if not millions of emails constantly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He does have a publicly known email address. Of course it's not something you expect him to check personally, it's more like emailing the White House or something, but I have heard stories of people emailing with big problems like this and action being taken for them.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
He does have a publicly known email address. Of course it's not something you expect him to check personally, it's more like emailing the White House or something, but I have heard stories of people emailing with big problems like this and action being taken for them.

I am fairly certain that the email add i posted earlier is right. And yeah some cases have got immediate response from the sales ppl directly after sending email to Jobs and have been replaced/refunded as per the customers needs.

eric,

you think jobs will settle for a substandard/unreliable dotmac mail? hahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
eric,

you think jobs will settle for a substandard/unreliable dotmac mail? hahah
If you would Google you can see that both e-mails show up. I've always heard of the steve@ one. Who knows maybe they both forward to an e-mail address we have no idea of.

Who knows what is it, I doubt its something easily recognisable otherwise he would get 1000's if not millions of emails constantly.

Read what fleurya posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
And for the record, Steve doesn't hate Bill. They're actually friends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
More amusing if they went computer shopping together... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Steve and Bill shopping, now there's a funny image. Steve could take Bill to a place that can cut hair better than a blind man and Bill could take Steve to a store that sells clothes other than blue jeans and black turtlenecks!

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I think with some of these famous people and their trademark looks keep their look because its "their" look, anything else would go against common expectations. but on topic; I think I'll try and get to yorkdale wednesday or sometime soon!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.