• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Download Day 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
The folks at Mozilla are trying to set a record (and get Firefox 3 on as many systems as possible) with "Download Day 2008". Check it out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
John,

Thanks for the heads-up here - I read about this earlier on my PC... I downloaded Firefox 3 as soon as it came out and found out that it doesn't support some add-ons yet, notably the Bookmarks Synchronizer. So I un-installed it 'cause I really like being able to synchronize among 3 computers...

But I'll download it anyhow to help with the record when they decide the day...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
John,

Thanks for the heads-up here - I read about this earlier on my PC... I downloaded Firefox 3 as soon as it came out and found out that it doesn't support some add-ons yet, notably the Bookmarks Synchronizer. So I un-installed it 'cause I really like being able to synchronize among 3 computers...

Noel

Did you download FF 3 RC1? After making the extensions check to false in about:config, most addons work very nicely. And its monstroulsy faster than any other browser out in the wild.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
John,

Noel
I had the same problem with an earlier BETA but the two plug-ins I like (AdBlock Plus and NoScript) run great on the latest version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Actually they do have foxmarks now for the new firefox 3.

http://blog.foxmarks.com/?p=118

yep. This is my fav firefox addon. Few days after i installed Firefox 3, I got this new update and there was not much difference. Maybe I just didnt notice.

Ironically this is the only thing which is holding me up from moving to safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rkulpajr and mojonandha,

Thanks, I just signed up for the beta version, they told me they would e-mail me when it was available.

And I did try FF3 RC1 but because it claimed it didn't support Foxmarks, I un-installed it. I'll give FF3 another try on "Download Day."

I tried Safari, but to me it was too much like Internet Explorer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you download FF 3 RC1? After making the extensions check to false in about:config, most addons work very nicely. And its monstroulsy faster than any other browser out in the wild.

Can you tell me how to do that, please? I searched for "about:config" and couldn't locate it. Can it be located through "tools"or on the Foxmarks web page? Or somewhere else? Does this have to be on FF 3?

Thanks, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
interesting find. i will plan on dl ff3 on download day. are there any rumors on when the day might be?

Reaction score
DOWNLOAD DAY?!!?
Well clear the phone lines, i'll dial in and let the DOWNLOADS BEGIN!
;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
interesting find. i will plan on dl ff3 on download day. are there any rumors on when the day might be?
it'd be easier to 'pledge' if I had a GA date. Without that, I won't even bother since I may/may not be available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I downloaded it today and had no idea about this. I guess I pledged?

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sometime in June is all they're saying.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nope, still don't need it.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Downloaded RC1 when it was released.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hey, if i had a windows machine i would actually need it. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.