Mac Browser - JavaScript and Cookie Enable Procedure

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

My company is developing a piece of web based shopping cart software and inside it we have a compatibility information page that users are directed to if they don't have JavaScript or Cookies enabled. On this page, it tells the users how to enable these.

Now, I have a Windows and Linux box so was able to write instructions for that but I notice it differs between Linux and Windows for FireFox at least where you click. Could someone by any chance write quick guides on how to enable Cookies and JavaScript for FireFox, Opera and Safari on a Mac so we can add this? I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
All Mac apps have preferences in the same place - under the Apps menu

So for Safari - preferences are under the Safari menu

The options you want are obvious from this pic of the advances prefs tab

safarisecurityja8.png

In Firefox, the options are in 2 places, Firefox preferences are under the Firefox menu, you can see the options and tabs from the pics

firefoxcontentbt5.png

firefoxprivacyxv7.png

OP
C
Reaction score
And how does one get to the apps menu (note I haven't got a Mac so can't play around with it to find this stuff)?

Also, got screenshots for Opera too?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
On a mac, the top menu changes to what app you are in, the menu is always at the top, it will show the finder (explorer) menus when on the desktop, and menus for Safari if you focus on safari. Preferences in mac apps are always in the same place, under the Safari - OPera - or Firefox menu, anybody who has used a mac for a week or more will know where to find an application's preferences.

That aside, here are some pics for Opera

operacookiesuc8.png

operajavaxf6.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz Macbook Pro 200 Gig HD 2g Ram, Thinkpad X200: 2.4 GHz 160 GB HD and 3GB of RAM, 500 GB TimeCa
I hope this is in the right category, I am trying to figure out what I have done to my computer. I have been having trouble with my safari and firefox since using a program called washing machine.

The problems I have been having are I am unable to touch or activate the numbers at the bottom of myspace when viewing my photos or anyone else's. I can't see yahoo.com anymore which was my home page, all it says now is I need to update my browser to a higher one. Well I have the newest safari and firefox and I still can't view it.

I have trouble logging into certain sites for some reason and I can't hit enter after entering text into these sites search fields. I have posted this cry for help on a couple of boards to see if anyone could help me with no replies. I really hope someone could help me here since I need to login to school etc.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.