MBP Screen WOW!!

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 17" HP Pavilion, and the 17" screen on my MBP makes my old screen look like dog poo.

The first thing that I noticed was that the BLACK is BLACK and not all greyish and washed out in the corners.

I still just can't get over how freakin' nice the screen is on this unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Glad you like it! If I'm not tight on budget I would have gone for the 17" as well.

Is yours GLossy or Matte and is it High Resolution?

OP
Reaction score
Glad you like it! If I'm not tight on budget I would have gone for the 17" as well.

Is yours GLossy or Matte and is it High Resolution?

I went with matte. I will never own another glossy screen. It's not the hi-res screen. I didn't want to drop the extra $$$ since the base res is good enough for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
You really shouldn't compare HP glossy and Apple glossy. Not even close to the same. HP is more like a mirror. I have a compaq v2000 glossy and its a joke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Apple Glossy is FAB! I think it's less mirror-like (reflective) than HP's and Sony's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I'm glad to hear you like it. I went with the 15.4" but also got the matte and it is beautiful. With the LED backlight it is so nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.5GHz, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, 512Mb VRAM
Getuptogetdown, I have the same MBP as you too, and I'm still dead impressed by the screen. I remember when I bought it, and booted it up for the first time I was stunned by how nice it was.

Then I realised how to turn the brightness up from the standard mid-level and my eyes almost fell out. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.