Inserting a small CD into a MAC laptop

Reaction score
Hi, I want to use the Rumblepad from Logitech, but it comes with a small CD (about half the size of a regular cd) I tried popping it in already, and after a few minutes of frantically trying to pry it back out of the laptop, I've realized that simply sticking it in there won't work.

Is there a way for a mac laptop to read these kinds of smaller CDs?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The small CD's will not work in a Slot Load drive like on your Mac. I would suggest either an external USB CD Reader or another system with a tray CD drive and making a copy to a normal CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz MacBook Pro
Is there a way for a mac laptop to read these kinds of smaller CDs?

There are adapters out there (Google "3-inch cd adapter"), but they're not officially supported by Apple, so if it gets stuck in there even with an adapter on it, it's on you ...

Reaction score
Putting the mini CDs into a slot load Mac is easy... getting them out can sometimes result in replacing the entire optical drive, don't do it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Yeah I would just go with sharing a CD drive or if you don't have access to another CD drive find a friend who can copy it onto a full size disk like someone mentioned above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
copy the files on another computer and then burn on to a regualr cd. then insert to the superdrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 895LL/A - 15.4" Santa Rosa C2D - 2GB RAM - 120 (onboard), 500GB ext FW/eSATA/USB2 HDDs
Here's a little nugget I ran into while looking through a recent copy of a Mac mag (can't remember if it's Mac|Life, Macworld, or iCreate)... bottom line: if you have the Rumblepad (or virtually *any* USB pad or device) you're itching to use with a Mac, then go to http://www.usboverdrive.com/ The owner has written a program/drivers for virtually any USB device to work with a Mac. I haven't used it or bought it, as I have all the drivers for all my devices, but if you're looking for something elusive, then give that a shot, FWIW.

Hope that helps! :D :D :D

Patrick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.