problem with software update and links PLEASE READ

S

saqe

hey and thanks for looking at my topic, i really need help becasue i really dont know what to do.

everytime to go to update software it quits and asks me if i want to send a report. it's been like then for weeks, an i tried various times.

i tried to download it from the site, but i have no idea how to install it sice i only been on mac for 1 month.

also, when i get a messege on my msn that i have an emal and click on it, appleworks opens. i have no idea what to do to fix it. and it does that on every link that is on my mac (example a link on a traning program cd)

any help at all would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I would start by opening Finder. Select your "Applications" folder and then your "Utilities" folder. In there you will find an application/utility called "disk utility". Open disk utility and click once on the drive named "Macintosh HD" so it is selected. Then lower in the window you will see a button titled "Repair Permissions". Click this button and let it do its thing.

OP
S

saqe

when i go to applications i dont see a utilities folder. however, when i open finder and go to Go>Utilities.. nothing opens up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Weird, you should have a utilities folder??

What OS X version are you running? What language?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
saqe said:
when i go to applications i dont see a utilities folder. however, when i open finder and go to Go>Utilities.. nothing opens up.

Maybe the Application Folder you are checking belongs to the User.

Try typing "/Applications/Utilities/" (without the quotes) in the "Go to Folder…" field. If it is there then start repairing per rberry88 instructions.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Asking the question again, what version of the OS ar you using?

I would get the combo updater of the same version that you are running and install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.