• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's "Back to School" Promo to start June. 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Just saw this report on Macrumors. Apparently Apple's back to school promo for this summer is going to start on June 3. There is no word yet on what the promo will be for this year, but rumor has it is will be different from last years ipod nano one. Along with this, i have read rumors that the Macbooks could possibly see an update one June 3 as well, seeing as how it is a tuesday and the back to school promo usually kicks off with a macbook boost. Woot!!

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/29/apples-back-to-school-promo-kicks-off-june-3rd/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Man, if I only needed a new Mac right now..

Reaction score
Maybe a bigger discount on Macbooks...

If anything maybe Apple will apply an increased student discount to the old Macbooks (black and white) in order to introduce the new Macbook. I know students would go crazy for that because very few university students know that they even get a discount on Macs.

Another rumor is that Apple will be releasing a new, aluminum-based Macbook as another addition to the Macbook line. Whether it will be colored aluminum or just a stronger Macbook is anyone's guess.

I personally would love to see new Macbooks. I just hate the fact that Macbook Pros receive so many more updates than the Macbook. Last refresh the Macbook Pros got LED screens, more RAM, and a multi-touch trackpad while the Macbooks only got more RAM for less money and bigger hard drives by default. Whatever the promo is I'm sure it'll be pretty popular. This time around I won't take advantage of it because it'll probably just be there to clear out inventory before they introduce something better in the coming months.

Reaction score
If I just purchased my Macbook last weekend (like I haven't even gotten it yet) would I be able to purchase whatever the promo is offering at a later date and submit the two proofs of purchases and get the rebate, even if they're on different orders?

I doubt this would work, but if anyone knows from the last promo that'd be great, thanks!

Reaction score
Hi guys i come from england and im going too college this year in september, Do i qualify for this 'Back too school' deal or not?

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
yep, applies to anyone who is attending or accepted to college

Reaction score
Wow sweet, How do i prove too them im actually going college? What do i need to show them.. is it just as simple as saying im going college or what.. are there more processes to it

Reaction score
Wow sweet, How do i prove too them im actually going college? What do i need to show them.. is it just as simple as saying im going college or what.. are there more processes to it

Sometimes you can just say and they might believe you, other times they will ask to see your ID Card for the school and/or your class schedule.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah personally i wont have an ID card yet for my school so im going to take my acceptance letter and show them that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yeah personally i wont have an ID card yet for my school so im going to take my acceptance letter and show them that.

That should work also. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to come!

So do you prefer to buy from the Apple store? I've been researching online, but didn't know if going to the store would be better.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well i personally am just going to the store so that i dont have to wait for it to ship. Its like 2 hours away for me but totally worth it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
They sell Macs at Best Buy as well...

Reaction score
They sell Macs at Best Buy as well...
True, but not all Best Buy's sell Macs in fact the hope to be at 50% by the end of the year but, are no where near that number now. For instance the Best Buy I work at doesn't sell Macs and neither do any of the other stores in our district. Plus you can't get the student discount at Best Buy only Apple's website and at Apple stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to come!
Well i personally am just going to the store so that i dont have to wait for it to ship. Its like 2 hours away for me but totally worth it lol

Haha, ok. I'll probably do the same, it'll help having someone to work with to buy. Do the Apple stores run the same promos as the online offers and whatnot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro

i'll do the same. where are you headed?

Reaction score
Thank you Apple, for making all of us who AREN'T yet in college depressed by thinking about "back to school" on June 3rd, before school is even out yet for me!
lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I have been done school for 2 weeks now. Going to college next year, and my birthday is June 4th so that works out excellent. I will be getting a Macbook Pro for next year. What are some of you guys going for next year as a major?

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i'll do the same. where are you headed?

Im going to the University of Pittsburgh. And yoU?

I have been done school for 2 weeks now. Going to college next year, and my birthday is June 4th so that works out excellent. I will be getting a Macbook Pro for next year. What are some of you guys going for next year as a major?

I'll be majoring in Pre-Law/Political Science

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.