Copy without i-tunes

Reaction score
Can I make a copy of a CD without it going onto i-tunes. My child has some Talking Books and I want to make copies (incase of scratches) but I dont want them on i-tunes.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Use Disk Utility. (applications/utilities) You can make a image copy of the CD, then burn it.
Not all cd's can be copied though. It depends if there's any copywrite protection on the cd.

Reaction score
Either the above post, or two other simplified options which include;

1) The long way about it - to find another media player to burn with.

OR.

2) Locate the CD on your Mac, open the folder so that you can see all of the audio files and simply select the tracks that you want, and then drag them to the specified folder/desktop.

Hope it helped. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Can I make a copy of a CD without it going onto i-tunes. ... I dont want them on i-tunes.

Part 1, yes.

Part 2
Option 1 - put the CD into your Mac as usual, and when iTunes opens and asks if you want to Import, click No. It will show your CD list as Track 1, Track 2 and so on if it can't find the playlist on the web.
Option 2 - I read somewhere else that in iTunes -> Prefs you can prevent import as default, but I can't find that reference.
Option 3 - use the Burn function in Mac Finder (R-click in your Desktop)
Option 4 - use a Burn application like Toast or QuickBurn and transfer (burn) the files from the original disk using Audio (not Data), so that the backup CD will play on your home or car audio system(s).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.