When will apple.....

Reaction score
The iBook G4, is out. If you are wondering about the iBook G5, it'll probably come out sometime after the Powerbook G5s come out, I have no idea on a date or even if one is planned.

OP
C

code777

maybe fall 2006 u might see a G5 iBook, by then I hope to have a Powerbook G5 instead! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
most current news/rumors show a G5 laptop from apple not even coming into idea/design til late 2007, so dont hold your breathe

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Okay, how about a dual or quad processor laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I am not sure, but Im sure the cooling is probably a huge issue in a DP laptop, and as far as quad, well, I doubt thats even a goal at the moment since its not even been implimented on a desktop. plus the fact that OS X doesnt fully utilize DP.

OP
M

Mr.Guvernment

i alwasy thought the purpose of a "laptop"
was for convinience and mobility - but seems the total opposite now a days - people want thei r desktop system in a laptop now - wioth huge 17' widescreens etc :)
dual core CPU's for AMD and Intel are supposed to be out in q2 of 2005 ibeleive was the date time - not sure about apple.

I just dont see why you would need that type of power in a laptop.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Video editting on the road.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.