Quick iPhoto Question

Reaction score
Alright,
Now that I've imported all of my photos into iPhoto. I notice that they don't show up as individual photos, but just a single iPhoto Library in the pictures folder.

How do I go about extracting a single photo when I want to do some work in Photoshop. Do I need to keep all of the original photos also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
I open iPhoto and then drag the picture out onto the desktop so that I am then working on a copy of the photo and can drag it back into iphoto when I am done and then delete the original if I want to.

Or, in Photoshop, you can probably go to open, and then on the left side bar there should be one that says photos and you can click on that and open them from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You can go into iPhoto preferences and set Photoshop (or whatever) to be your external editor. Then, when you click on the "edit" in iPhoto, Photoshop will open, you can edit and then when you save, the edited photo will be put back into iPhoto where it belongs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.