Backup Things

Reaction score
I just bought a Macbook Pro with tons of installed software but it doesn't come with the CD's for the software. Ex. MS Office 2008, Toast Titanium 9, iLife 08, iWork 08... It does however come with Leopard disks. Realizing if the computer crashed I'd lose all these, what is the best way to back up all this software? I'm trying to avoid a time capsule but will go that route if need be. Thanks, and sorry if I'm posting this in an incorrect place or if it's already been posted.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just bought a Macbook Pro with tons of installed software but it doesn't come with the CD's for the software. Ex. MS Office 2008, Toast Titanium 9, iLife 08, iWork 08... It does however come with Leopard disks. Realizing if the computer crashed I'd lose all these, what is the best way to back up all this software? I'm trying to avoid a time capsule but will go that route if need be. Thanks, and sorry if I'm posting this in an incorrect place or if it's already been posted.

The applications you mentioned are what's known as "trial ware". In other words unless you pay for them (obtain a registration key) they will cease to function after the trial period is over. A CD is not included for trial software.

As for other pre-installed applications, they're included on Disk 2 of your Leopard set. As far as making a backup is concerned, there are many methods, Time Machine - Time Capsule being one. I personally prefer using cloning software (SuperDuper, Carbon Copy Cloner) to make a bootable copy of my HD to an external USB drive.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.