itunes help...

tws

Reaction score
i've copied a book -audio mp3 files- to cd and it will not play on the radio/cd player in my truck...

i've been told that i can put these files into a playlist on itunes and convert them to wma files that will then play on my truck cd...

my macbookpro has itunes version 7 on it... it is completely confusing to me and comes with no help whatsoever...

i have absolutely no experience with itunes.

can someone send me or direct me to SIMPLE instructions for accomplishing this task?

step by step.

thanks for any help.

tws

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i've copied a book -audio mp3 files- to cd and it will not play on the radio/cd player in my truck...
can someone send me or direct me to SIMPLE instructions for accomplishing this task?

First, what did you use to burn the CD? Let's assume Toast, or iTunes itself. If you simply copied the book-audio to a CD, it will have been recorded as Data and will not play back on your truck audio system (I've made this mistake myself - more than once :( .

What you need to do is this (and I've never burned CDs directly from iTunes). Using Toast, copy/burn the audio-book to the CD using the Audio tab in Toast. It will be recorded on the disk as .aiff which is playable on CD players, home audio systems etc.

If you copy the audio-book to a CD using Data, then you will need an .mp3 player to play it. Your truck player will not do that.

Post again if what's been suggested doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.