Anyone successfully importing Entourage Notes and Tasks into iPod?

D

desert_rose

I have a 3rd gen 15gb iPod. On my Powerbook I organize my life with Entourage and was lured to buy PocketMac software for importing all Entourage data to iPod. Well, that software and the company is AWFUL. It crashes everything and they have NO customer service. They just ignore you. Awful. They are selling garbage, taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank.

SO, anyone know how to convert Notes and Tasks from Entourge into a way to load to iPod?? I can export contacts and calender to iCal and address book but can't figure how to do other things and would like to!

Desert Rose/Tucson AZ

Powerbook G4, iPod 3gen 15gb, AirportExtreme - Life is good with Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Can't you export contacts as vcards?

Those can be dragged to the iPods 'contacts' folder....

I just use ical/address book...sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Yeah, i just use iCal and Address Book also... What's so great about Entourage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Entourage is iCal and Address Book and Mail, plus more all wrapped into one package. I already have lots of applications open.. I don't need a whole lot more, when I can just run one app and it does everything that Apple's apps do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Hmm... the reason I like address book is because it syncs with programs like adiumx.

OP
D

desert_rose

The only reason I use Entourage is the integratyed Project Center with Tasks and Notes - everything can be linked. Since my work involves juggling a dozen projects at a time, this is very helpful. I looked far and wide for a Mac product that had this and none did; believe me, i HATE all things Microsoft, but there it is.

Still -- no one knows how to export/deal with Tasks and Notes from Entourage? Address Book and Calendar are easy. It's the other 2 i want!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
xwonderboy85x said:
Hmm... the reason I like address book is because it syncs with programs like adiumx.

I hate that... Then when you sync your mobile phone to the addressbook, you get names of people in IM with no numbers and or emails. It's Really annoying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
? I don't have that problem hype.it...

When I sync my T610 with address book I only have contact names & phone numbers??

To the original poster:

Well you can export notes as 'text selection' files that I suppose can be dragged to the notes folder on your iPod...

Ctrl-click the note, then select 'execute scripts' and then 'save selection as'

As for exporting tasks:

Maybe there is a script that will work for you here:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/fav_scripts.html

Good luck!

Reaction score
perhaps en anser for export your entourage notes

I have a 3rd gen 15gb iPod. On my Powerbook I organize my life with Entourage and was lured to buy PocketMac software for importing all Entourage data to iPod. Well, that software and the company is AWFUL. It crashes everything and they have NO customer service. They just ignore you. Awful. They are selling garbage, taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank.

SO, anyone know how to convert Notes and Tasks from Entourge into a way to load to iPod?? I can export contacts and calender to iCal and address book but can't figure how to do other things and would like to!

Desert Rose/Tucson AZ

Powerbook G4, iPod 3gen 15gb, AirportExtreme - Life is good with Mac

Hello
I have been looking for that a long time. Cause the export feature of Entourage won't give you a real help with your "notes".
There is a solution if you have a smartphone (or perhaps it works with your ipod).
- connect the device (mobile phone I mean) to the Mac,
- sync the notes from Mac to the device (using PocketMac software or Missing sync software)
- use now the explore feature of PocketMac or Missing Sync. (to "see" on the device).
- explore the device and find your notes
- drag the notes with you mouse, from the device to a notes software (for example MarkspaceNotesbook. I tryed also with Yojimbo but it has hard to do it).
- Markspacenotesbook will take the note and keep safe their titles.
- this process could have bugs. I discover once it refused big quantities. Drag and dropp 10 per 10 if it is the cases.
Hope it works for you
xavier

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.