HTTPmail gone with 10.5.3 or....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6GHz - 4GB
Hello all,

As most know by now, the software update 10.5.3 was released. As it prompted me to install, I did so with a :Blushing: on my face!

After doing so, I opened my Mail app again to find out that the HTTPmail plug-in (for Hotmail) is not working correctly. I believe that it can only be 1 of 2 things:

1) 10.5.3 has rendered it non-functional, in which case I will have to wait for an updated version.....

or

2) HTTPMail is being shut down!!?? See here

Has anyone else had this problem as of yet? Also, if it ends up being number 2, is there any other options. I only use the HTTPMail app because of my Hotmail account I have had for years (I would change it but it is tied to so many things now it would be very difficult).

Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
In 2008 there's no reason to still be using a fee mail account that doesn't at least allow POP access. GMail even offers free IMAP.

Bite the bullet and switch providers: It's a pain since afaik Microsoft and Yahoo don't offer an easy way to forward incoming messages, but it's the only way to teach companies a lesson for attempting that sort of lock-in.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6GHz - 4GB
I am starting see your point Apt.... it is and would be a pain, but maybe I get it over with. I have a Mac mail account as well that may work.

Anyway, I used these settings provided by HTTPmail for my Hotmail account to go to the Mac Mail app and it seams to work OK. However, it does not download my sub-folders from Hotmail which I use a lot! HTTPmail did allow for this. It looks like a short term fix, so Apt's assumptions are probably correct!

If you have a Hotmail Plus account you should still be able to access your mail using the POP3 protocol. The details for setting up POP3 access is as follows.

Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com (port 995)
Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com (port 25)

Username: your full hotmail email address

NOTE: the outgoing mail server requires authentication

Reaction score
HTTP still missing

Yes I've got the same problem. On updating to 10.5.3 the mail plugin has stoped working but it is still working on the laptop that I have not updated. It must be down to the update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.