Paint issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Has a anyone that has a Titanium, have any paint issues? I have read that the paint will bubble and chip on the Titanium powerbooks.

Reason being, I am thinking about maybe getting a powerbook, but don't want the finish to get crazy on me.

Any other information regarding this, and just general powerbook info, likes/dislikes, etc, woudl be appreciated.

Thanks

H

hokiethang

I have a friend who has had his ti-book for almost a year and a half and the only problems he has had was a few scratches on the wrist pad area from his watch. I have only had mine for a couple of weeks so i cant tell you directly.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have one of the 1b revision of the Ti powerbook. I say 1b because I have never had any of the problem except for the battery falling out. No problem with paint. There is a shiny spot on the track pad due to use.

E

Eyenovation

I'm the proud new owner of a G4 1.42Ghz dual and a 23" Cinema Display. I've sort of fallen in to Apple like a young school boy for the prom queen.

I recently got the money saved to buy a 15" PB. So, here I am... doing the final research on the model before plunking down my hard earned cash... and I find this:

tp://www.scrubbybubbles.com/tibook/Images/13.jpg (outdated link removed)

and...

tp://www.uc.pt/ihti/joaquim/titan...m/Imagens/4.jpg (outdated link removed)

Arghhhhhhhh...
I hate the 12", and the 17" is too much.
Can anyone tell me if these are just exaggerated cases, or is this REALLY the way Apple makes their products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Eyenovation said:
I'm the proud new owner of a G4 1.42Ghz dual and a 23" Cinema Display. I've sort of fallen in to Apple like a young school boy for the prom queen.

I recently got the money saved to buy a 15" PB. So, here I am... doing the final research on the model before plunking down my hard earned cash... and I find this:

tp://www.scrubbybubbles.com/tibook/Images/13.jpg (outdated link removed)

and...

tp://www.uc.pt/ihti/joaquim/titaniumproblem/Imagens/4.jpg (outdated link removed)

Arghhhhhhhh...
I hate the 12", and the 17" is too much.
Can anyone tell me if these are just exaggerated cases, or is this REALLY the way Apple makes their products.

well they definitely don't make them that way. i have only had mine for a few weeks but i would imagine those cases are of people who don't take the greatest of care with there laptops because that seems pretty hard to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Actually I belive the photo you have is of some of the older ones, they have improved the paint I do believe. I purchased mine over a year and a half ago and yes indeed mine looks like that. But it has been all over the world with me and been through every type of heat and humidity, etc etc. You can purchase the paint that is used on the tiBooks which I am thinking of doing. Sanding it down a bit, since I have bubbling, and then painting over. It's no big deal to me. I know a couple other people that have tiBooks also, but newer ones and they look beautiful and they've been all over also.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
Also, I have seen an ad for Silver paint made to repair chips in the TiBook. I don't remember who sells it but a quick google search will work.

E

Eyenovation

You're talking about this, I assume:

tp://www.tipaint.com/ (outdated link removed)

tp://www.tipaint.com/basmall.jpg (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
Yep exactly. Guess i could have tried that url lol.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Like any thing be careful. I have read only bad things about this company, including not receiving the product you ordered. :(

H

hokiethang

rman said:
Like any thing be careful. I have read only bad things about this company, including not receiving the product you ordered. :(

Any idea where else would provide the paint. Id like to get some as close to the paint with the original notebook paint. I have a few scratches on the wrist pad (from my watch), im considering repairing.

E

Eyenovation

If you pay by credit card, you're protected.
That's why would put up with the Visas and MasterCards of the world.

If you don't receive the product, dispute the charge.
It's not that hard to do.

The credit card company is all to happy to look into it.

O

onlylaren

Hey. I own the first image. Can you PLEASE not directly link my image? Very rude.

Thanks.

Edited to remove quoting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will see what we can do about that.. hold on a bit and we''ll unlink the original image and then we'll have to unlink the images that people quoted him in.. yours included :)

E

Eyenovation

O

onlylaren

Eyenovation said:
To the lady who was upset about me linking her images. Eyenovation Multimedia – Graphic Design and Web Development

Here I am trying to draw attention to a problem you obviously have... And you get offended?
Hahahahahaha..

I hope your powerbook keeps chipping, you big baby.
You obviously wanted attention for your computer, and now that you have it - you... complain??

Eyenovation Multimedia – Graphic Design and Web Development :confused:

If I needed or wanted attention drawn, I can and will do it myself, and in an appropriate manner. You obviously have no logical grasp of the problem, and my explaining it to you makes it no more clear to you it seems (as I sent you an email with the details regarding why I would want the image not directly linked to).

You could have gotten your point across by linking to my web site, but instead you chose the path of laziness. No commendations there.

Apple took good care of me and my Powerbook. I wanted to provide information for others who had the same problems. I did so. I am not looking for "attention", I am looking to give others the information that they weren't alone with their problem and it was taken care of by Apple.

Try some maturity in response next time. I'm not the only one who dislikes direct image linking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have no idea why you would go off on onlylaren... especially in such a juvenile manner. I was going to delete your post, but then I thought.. that maybe you should be the one to do that if you didn't want to have that embarrassment for the world to see.. and if you do delete it my post will not make sense.. and so Ill delete mine and we'll forget it ever happened.

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
This thread needs to be closed, obviously. Firstly we don't tolerate hotlinking images from other sites. Secondly, we don't tolerate abuse of the members, especially when we are at fault. Sorry for the trouble onlylaren.

Eyenovation, please check your PM.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.