Need help, I think i messed up my hard drive

Reaction score
hello,

I just got my macbook for one month now and I am really happy with it, only thing is when I was installing linux (ubuntu 8.04) through bootcamp, I didn't know that this is impossible (the way i tried it). So now I'm stuck with 4 partitions that i don't know how to remove. I just want the whole 120 gigs back with no additional partitions so i can install windows in a bootcamp partition again. I already tried some stuff in Disk Utility but it didn't worked out. I hope you guys could help me.

this is what it looks like:

Picture2.png

Thanks already!! (please don't mind my English)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way to get back to square one and restore your HDD to its 120 Gb size is to erase the disk and re-install OS X. First backup all your data, then boot the machine with your Leopard install disk. Run the disk utility direct from the Leopard DVD. Select erase disk and then format it as HFS +. Select GUID for partition. Re-install OS X and applications from your Leopard disks.

Now you should be able to run the Boot Camp assistant and create a partition for Windows. Be sure to print out the Boot Camp instructions first before proceeding.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for helping me, it worked really well. Didn't need to format though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.