Age of Conan on an iMac

OP
S
Reaction score
I've heard great things about the game. I can see myself picking this one up if the iMac is up to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz Core2Duo, 4gb PC5300 RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD, nVidia 8600m GT 512mb
Not sure about an iMac, but on my Macbook Pro (2.5 C2D, 2gb RAM, 512mb 8600m gt) I get ~30-40FPS on LOW settings @ 1440x900. Even on low settings, the game looks and plays spectacular. I'd highly reccommend it.

Reaction score
The older imac (not the black one) doesn't have fantastic graphics. I wish there was a trial out but we'll have to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
# 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Loving AoC

Anyone playing Age of Conan via Bootcamp on an iMAc? How does it handle?

I'm Bootcamping AoC with Boot Camp 2.1 and Windows XP 32-bit. I was running Windows XP 64bit, so I could get use of as much RAM as possible (I have 3 gigs currently), but I couldn't find the driver to get the WiFi working.

Everything runs wonderfully, but I can not run full bore on all the options. I run the native resolution and most settings at med-high, all draw distances at max, and I have no problems. Occassionally the FPS will drop below 15 and cause some stuttering, but most of the time I'm hovering right around 20-24 fps.

I could, of course, lower the resolution or put everything on medium, and still have a very pretty game, but I really don't notice it. I've probably put a good 20 hours into the game, and I'm still tweaking.

Reaction score
I'm Bootcamping AoC with Boot Camp 2.1 and Windows XP 32-bit. I was running Windows XP 64bit, so I could get use of as much RAM as possible (I have 3 gigs currently), but I couldn't find the driver to get the WiFi working.

Everything runs wonderfully, but I can not run full bore on all the options. I run the native resolution and most settings at med-high, all draw distances at max, and I have no problems. Occassionally the FPS will drop below 15 and cause some stuttering, but most of the time I'm hovering right around 20-24 fps.

I could, of course, lower the resolution or put everything on medium, and still have a very pretty game, but I really don't notice it. I've probably put a good 20 hours into the game, and I'm still tweaking.

what iMac are you using? I have the original Intel iMac with the 2ghz core duo and an upgraded ATI x1600 256mb vid card and 2gb of RAM and the game runs like garbage. I have EVERY thing on low and either turned off or turned as low as it can go (i even turned off the ambient sounds and background music) and I'm lucky if I get 15fps with nothing else going on on the screen.

Reaction score
Trying to run Age of Conan on my Intel based iMac too!

I'm trying to run AoC on my Intel based iMac OS 10.5 that I purchased Sep 07. Wonder if it will run smoothly on it. I have bootcamp installed and found out that I don't have enough HD space in my Windows' partition (need to grab 30 GB from Mac's to Windows'). Any one know how to re-size the partitions without having to re-stall Windows and all the programs/data? Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.