Should Mac users worry about spyware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes. It's a very serious problem for our Windows brethren. We should offer our condolences ;D

Reaction score
Yes. It's a very serious problem for our Windows brethren. We should offer our condolences ;D

Can this now carry over since people are using Windows via bootcamp, parallels, etc....?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD
What about viruses?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Viruses and Spywares don't work on Mac... at least not yet.

there has been a couple of occasions where some Hackers exploited some weaknesses in the Safari Browser on a MacBook Air a couple months ago as a part of a contest (sorry I don't have the link right now), but I believe that has been remedied by able in a recent Security Patch.

So, as of now there is no real threats, BUT down the road who know!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Can this now carry over since people are using Windows via bootcamp, parallels, etc....?

Windows is Windows no matter what hardware it is run on. You can still get your Windows partition infected and messed up but it won't hurt the Mac side.

Reaction score
Windows is Windows no matter what hardware it is run on. You can still get your Windows partition infected and messed up but it won't hurt the Mac side.

Thanks,
That's what I was looking for. As long as any corruption is kept within the Windows partition that's great.

Reaction score
Why shouldn't you be?

I would think you still need to be careful about what you agree to install. Maybe there isn't as much spyware written for the Mac but why wouldn't it be possible for spyware that you invited inside to run on one? Is key logging or web browser snooping impossible to implement?

--- CHAS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.