Wireless Mighty Mouse Connect on Power ON?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
So today I purchased a new Mighty Mouse at the Apple Store.

I love it, it's everything I wanted. One thing tho...

I use a MacBook Pro, so I don't always have the need to use my mouse (I usually use it just to game or when I don't want to use the touchpad).

I make use of the ON/OFF switch at the bottom of the mouse. I was just wondering if there is a way to get the Mighty Mouse to connect when I turn on the Mouse? Thusfar, I have been needing to go to my Bluetooth preferences to manually connect it once it's turned on.

Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Did you initially "pair" the mouse with your computer? When I turn off my MM, and then later turn it back on, it automatically (after a very brief -- maybe 2 second, interval) starts working again. Should not have to pair again.

Reaction score
Same here

My Mighty Mouse does the very same thing on the iMac.

I have no problem with the bluetooth keyboard. If I change the batteries in the keyboard, it automatically is connected back to the Mac. Not so with the Mouse.

They are both paired (acc/ to Bluetooth Prefs).

What I have done is -- I learned the keystrokes to open up Prefs, so that I can get to Bluetooth Prefs strictly with the keyboard. That way, when I change the Mighty Mouse batteries, I can connect it again manually without having to restart the Mac.

I haven't figured out what the issue is yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.